Woweeekazzoweeeee! Last week I installed a Paypal button on this blog and began some shameless begging for donations to help me get to the Blogher (the biggest women’s blogging conference in the WORLD!) this August. Guess what? It totally worked! In a little over a week I raised $1570! Holy guacamole!
I burst into tears when the first donation came in and then danced around my living room like a maniac when I reached my goal. I am so grateful for everyone’s encouragement and support and blown away that people (some who don’t even know me) would dip into their wallets to help me. I have registered for the conference, reserved my hotel room and bought my plane ticket—it’s really happening!
From now until the conference I will be busting my buns to crank out great posts and publicize the heck out of my two little blogs. If you still want to help me make it to the big time, here’s what you can do:
1. Subscribe to my blog(s). You don’t have to read every post, but subscriber numbers are an important part of the game.
2. Comment on my blog(s). Comments can be as simple as “Ha ha!” or “How are you not famous yet?” The big-wigs look at the number of comments more than the content.
3. Post links to my blog(s) on your social media outlets (twitter, Facebook wall and groups, etc.)
5. Comment on other blogs you read with something like “reminds me of…” and include a link to my blog in your comment.
What’s in it for you?
1. If I become famous, you will know a famous person and you can sell unflattering lies and photos of me to Perez Hilton and the National Enquirer.
2. After August 3rd, I promise to stop bugging you about this.
3. If I come home from the conference with any kind of job or representation offer, I will throw a huge kick-butt party to which you will all be invited. This party will include stand-up comedy performances by yours truly and a few of my favorite hot chick local comics (ladies, you know who you are!).
4. Massive karma points.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!